Range of Motion
Remember No pressure at joint intersections
Remember to FOAM ROLL as prescribed if you do not have an underlying condition.
Remember to ease into physical and mental fitness at your own pace.
Remember to have fun, find joy, and let go. You can improve your overall attitude.
Common joint movements include from Prevention.com
- Extension is a motion that increases the angle between the bones of the limb at a joint. It occurs when muscles contract and bones move the joint into a straightened position, like straightening the elbow.
- The opposite of extension, flexion bends the joint so that the joint angle decreases, like bending the elbow.
- Abduction is moving away from the central axis of the body.
- Adduction is moving towards the central axis of the body.
Extension and Extensor Muscles
An extension is seen in these movements:
- Straightening the knee
- Unbending your elbow
- Moving the upper leg backward from the hip
- Moving your arm backward from the shoulder
- Moving your head backward from the neck
- Raising your chin
- Leaning backward from the waist
- Straightening your finger
- Extension at the wrist moves the hand back towards the back of the forearm and is called dorsiflexion.
WE LOVE WIRED.COM - please tell they we said it! Great magazine we rank as one of our top 20. The gadget section is always informative and fun. Check out this amazing device to ease muscle tension.
It's called Theragun and it really works and is worth the coins.